Glass type and thickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HitokiriBattousai

Hatchling Member
i just built my 4 long 3 tall 2 wide Viv and was curious as to the glass to use

now i got an estimate for 1/4 inch safety glass for my doors today and the price was $170 (not sure if they guy was just overpriced or just going over overkill with what i need)

but would normal 1/4 inch glass plate work? as i have found that for 3$ per square foot which i need about 13 off which comes to about $40 Vs the $170

if it mater the door sizes will be 36 tall and about 26 wide (2 inch overlap in the middle)

djwang

1/4" should be fine. My doors are nearly identical, 36" wide, 24" tall, 1/4" thick. I did not use tempered/safety glass, but did go with a low-iron, low-lead glass (Starphire Ultra-Clear).

HitokiriBattousai

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
djwang":sbibnrcq said:
1/4" should be fine. My doors are nearly identical, 36" wide, 24" tall, 1/4" thick. I did not use tempered/safety glass, but did go with a low-iron, low-lead glass (Starphire Ultra-Clear).

thanks for the input and yea im probably gonna go with normal glass but i'll ask to see what the price difference is if i want to get Starphire glass if it isn't to much i may spring for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom