Help! Lighting question

Status
Not open for further replies.
for a custom enclosure what type of fixtures are you guys using for basking fixtures ? And are you mounting it to back or top?

Second question for the t8 uvb fixture I noticed it has a pull string to turn it on is there a way to wire them so when you plug it on it turns on without pulling the string ? Kinda a dumb question never had one though I do have basic wiring knowledge if there is a way to modify it

Last question are these able to be wired out the back instead of the top ( gonna be stacking more )

I have another Beardie coming next week and this was my last step and kinda confused (have more glass tanks but would like him in this right from start!)please help ! Thanks !

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
How tall is your tank? For my 4x2x2 I used a flat based ceramic socket, the kind they use in closets and such. A taller cage might have roof for an articulating spot light or pendent style.

You can just leave the chain "on" and trim it short. Some fixtures are just on/off like that anyway.

I run my wires across the ceiling and out a hole in the back wall. I pin them up with cable staples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom