Mounting basking light inside 40G Breeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghart999

Hi there. I have a 40G breeder I am setting up for my first beardie. I have already figured out how to mount the UVB ballast inside with 3M hooks. But I would also like to mount the basking light inside as well. I have seen plenty of homemade 4x2x2 cages that can obviously mount them easily. But what about with a screen top? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Gregg

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
You might find your tank is too short. Unlike the T8 UVB your basking bulb doesn't need to go inside the screen and its actually better/safer the farther you can keep it away. It should be 6"+ away and out of reach. In my 4x2x2 I ha a lot of trouble finding a bulb and fixture combo that put the bulb far enough away to be safe.

Lamp stands are a popular option to keep the fixture up off the screen/lid

ghart999

Original Poster
Thank you taterbug.

I was just hoping I could get it far enough away where I could use a much smaller wattage bulb.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
ghart999":33otgwwt said:
Thank you taterbug.

I was just hoping I could get it far enough away where I could use a much smaller wattage bulb.

Even the low wattage bulbs are surprisingly big when you try to put them in a smaller space. If using a lower wattage bulb it might also be hard to get a large enough basking area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom