Making holes in Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

tignish99

Hatchling Member
Hello:

I just purchased a really nice used terrarium with a glass ceiling. The price was just too good to pass up. Sliding doors and nice long vent strip in the back. All glass except for the corner strips. Any tips on how to install a basking light and attach the Reptisun fluorescent light? Upon further inspection to drill out a rectangle in the ceiling and put in a steel mesh and put everything on top of the mesh, would be our best bet. I have not been too successful Googling on advice on how to do this. Any advice is very welcome.

Thank you

rempop

I used the Command Strips to hang my light on the glass when my beardie was in a glass tank. These worked out really well.

Buy a diamond tipped glass drill bit. Us oil to avoid the bit from grabbing the glass. If your trying to make a large hole start with small bits graduating to larger bits. Use your drill on a slow speed. Take your time, dont use much pressure. You only have one shot at it. You can use a stone drill bit to smooth out the hole.
This is really tricky. If your worried, you should be. I have lots of practice, I still get nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom