Stackable out of Furniture

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I know technically this isn't for my bearded dragons, but I'm just too excited not to share. My boyfriend and I are turning this armoire I have into a stackable viv for the leos. The armoire is a lot wider than a leo needs so instead of giving them the full 35.5" we giving them 27" and that is a hair shorter than a 20L which leos require, but we're making up for that with the viv being 17" wide which is definitely bigger than a 20L.
Here's the armoire before deconstruction:
ZJYmr34.png

ZH28IvH.png

We took off the doors and will use them as part of the flooring as UTH's can't go on wood. So the plan is for the back of each viv to be plexiglass and the rest wood - all will have laminate tiles so you can't see the difference. It's just a way to save money instead of doing it all plexiglass and by repurposing the wood, it will also save us money.
Here's some of the deconstruction:
nrZ7tRB.jpg

PIQm7W7.jpg

i7hvXEX.jpg

gZMRpu5.jpg

gZMRpu5.jpg

The plan is to move that middle wall over to the right and put the shelves on the right. All three UTH's will share the same dimmer switch which will be installed at the bottom of the armoire, hidden.
So this is it so far - hopefully we might get a little work done Sunday before I have to go in to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom