Completed Enclosure from Dresser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jturner82

This is our little buddy Rex's completed enclosure out of an old, solid wood dresser! His 100w basking bulb and ReptiSun 10.0 HO bulb are hidden in the space where the drawers once were!

His basking spot is about 105-106 degrees, and his cool side has a nice gradient down to about 80 degrees. At night, it drops to 75, so he's quite comfy in it :)

I still have to add some trim around the opening, because there is ugliness there that I can't stand looking at!

The back, sides, and the rock to the left are all made of polystyrene purchased at Lowe's, with several layers of Quikrete cement color mixed in DryLok waterproofer!

Got Rex from RioReptiles! Cheryl is SUPER nice and helpful! You can see his little head sticking up on his basking log if you look closely enough! :mrgreen:

jturner82

Original Poster
Everything, beardie included, was about $585, from start to finish. The most expensive thing was our dragon :). Hehe

jturner82":1mppsc5d said:
Everything, beardie included, was about $585, from start to finish. The most expensive thing was our dragon :). Hehe

I'm new at DIY projects and I have no clue what kind of glass or where to get the glass so it will fit my fixture (which is also a small dresser) perfectly, do you mind me asking where you got your glass ?

jturner82

Original Poster
I special-ordered it with my dimensions from a local glass shop (River City Glass and Mirror) in Louisville, Kentucky. They had another company cut it, then I just went and picked it up. Was about $50. Any local auto glass place should be able to do it for you. I got tempered glass because I have 3 yr old twins, so in the event they slammed into it, it wouldn't slice everyone open!!

jturner82

Original Poster
So, here it is, completely finished, with trim and tile added! Photos taken with a Nikon D5100 are much nicer than cell phone pictures! haha! And, there's our little man, Rex :) He's such a cutie and we love him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom