Completed Enclosure from Dresser!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of DRYLOK did you use for your project? and how are the drylok and quickrete products that you used to color the foam holding up over time? I made a wall for my first dragon and used grout to color it and sealed it with modpodge and it was cracking badly and peeling off, so I am looking for different ways to color and seal the new one I am about to make....also.....connecting the side walls to the back wall for your viv....how did you do that?? when I did mine it got all flimsy and wasn't holding up well, and I never did quite figure out how to attach the faux walls that I built to the inside of my viv....Thank you for putting up with all million of my questions :)

jturner82

Original Poster
It is the latex based Drylok. It holds up well to my beardie's wild actions hehe. I screwed all 3 of my pieces to the melamine boards that made up the "shell" of my tank. They aren't attached to one another at all, and I can take them out to clean under them if need be!

Thank you so much! That makes sense, put the back piece in first then wedge it into place with the side pieces, that's a great idea!! Does the drylok have texture to it? The up close looks like it has sand or something to make it textured, and how hard is it to clean the walls with all of the little nooks and crevasses? And did you do a top coat of any kind? Or is the drylok safe for the bearded dragon?? Sorry for all of the questions, but we are moving our beardie to a MUCH larger Viv and I have a ton of work ahead of me lol :)

May. Ask how you made the back ground look like rocks and where did you rind the info on turning a dresser into a tank im planning on having this be my summer project next year

Sparx

I kid you not...my father and I are talking about doing something similar to this during the winter (he's a farmer so he's fairly busy at this point in the season) for my baby Beardie! I'll have to show him this for some inspiration. He needs to know that what I want isn't impossible(; :lol:

Seriously, this is LOVELY though!

BLMoore

Hi. Great job
Curious as to how you access the tank for cleaning, feeding and handling? Does the top open? If so would you mind telling me how you did it?
Thanks
Brenda

Hi!
I love this idea, and now I want to do it to!
So can you walk me through this process? I think my beardie would love it, he'd have more climbing space.

Its a really neat idea, I love it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom