Bearded dragon cage from old dressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahorn77

My freind was throwing out this old dressor so i decided to make a cage out of it.
First i took out the drawers and back off
BD14.jpg

I screwed in a sheet of 1/2 ply wood onto back following the crossfire design
BD23.jpg

BD25.jpg

I Sealed all wood surfaces with two coats of primer and then painted
BD5.jpg

I got some 20 inch tile, cut to size and installed
BD13.jpg

I dont have the pictures of it but i installed a 36inch foresent fixture for the uvb and a spot light fixture for the heat bulb
I have a dimmer switch on the heat bulb to requlate temp and drilled two holes on both sides of the tank for the thermo probs
sealed all joints with liquid nails and all cracks with slicone
I used 1/4 glass for the doors
DSC00156.jpg

mike022

Very nice work. Did you build that rock cave as well? I'm building 1 right now as well and looks about your size. What's the dimensions? Is your uvb close enough for him?

ahorn77

Original Poster
mike022":sbnwllvz said:
Very nice work. Did you build that rock cave as well? I'm building 1 right now as well and looks about your size. What's the dimensions? Is your uvb close enough for him?
Yeah i built the rock cave its about 3 feet long 18inches deep and about 15inches high. Its not quit high enough so i got some rocks (not in picture) and put them on top and she can get up to about 8inches from the uvb light.

ahorn77

Original Poster
boxerLvr":701dd75d said:
Nice!! Any steps on how to put the sliding glass door in front? I'd love to attempt this
I ordered some glass track online and installed the track on the bottom, top and sides using liquid nails and trim nails. On the sides i used outside corner trim to cover the track and give it a more finished look
I got 2 1/4 inch pieces of glass from a local glass company, the glass was much cheeper than plexiglass and looks better. I didnt get saftey glass cause i didnt have extra money at the time, so i got some command hooks and put them on the glass for handles. If you get saftey glass they can drill holes for handles or knobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom