Help building new vivarium

indianaryan

Original Poster
I got the glass doors in! Attaching the piece that goes onto the bottom of the glass was extremely difficult. I had to shave off the sides of the rubber gasket to be able to fit the aluminum "H" piece on. Then I had to take a rubber mallet and bang it on. Thankfully I did not break the glass. I had seen reviews online of a similar product where people had the same issue, but I was hoping to avoid it by getting a different brand locally. Oh well.

Now I can move everything over to the new enclosure including Beardsley!

110702-4590278305.jpg

indianaryan

Original Poster
It's finished! The kids helped me decorate inside a bit. I think Beardsley likes it. He explored for a bit and then pancaked on the basking spot.

I'm actually surprised with how cold it is inside the vivarium with as little ventilation as I put in. On the cold side and under the shelf it's 70deg. The basking spot is just over 100deg. The outside air in the basement is 64deg. I'm wondering if I should turn on the CHE during the day also.

My wife is going to help me build some false rock decor that will probably replace the shelf. For now, I think this is a pretty good setup.

110702-1972218477.jpg
110702-3379039103.jpg

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom