Need help with front drop door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessieboyd1989

Okay I'm trying to make my first vivarium. The bottom, sides, and back will be wood. The top I am going to have a screen to sit the lights on. My problem is I am wanting a front drop door so I can get into the cage easier and not from the top. I will be using plexiglass and do not want a sliding door. I'm stuck. I'm not skilled in making things so any advice, suggestions, and what to do would be great!! Thanks.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Not sure if you ever got an answer to this, but Doggie doors do have templates to cut out the pattern and also have a locking system. I think this would be the easiest in terms of a front trap door. you could install this directly to the plexiglass.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Use a piano hinge full length of the bottom. Lexan works better than plexiglass because you can drill an tap it for screws or small screws and nuts without it cracking. Use at least 1/4 in material. Lexan is more scratch resistant also. You can epoxy earth magnets to the top corners to stick to small metal angle pieces screwed to to the top corners of your viv. This is how mine is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom