Crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Bummer, that walkthrough on dreamwidth.org was a good one. A bit dated now though. You might want to check youtube for some video walkthroughs. Generally you want the enclosure to be 4x2x2' or larger. I would put ventilation low on the cool side and high on the warm side to allow a nice current to move through it. You could set up a sliding door on front, or a drop down door with hinges on the bottom and a lock on top. Using melamine is cheap and easy to clean but it's very heavy so I would use a decent plywood that is untreated. Then coat it with something to seal it up like paint or polyurethane. A screw socket on one side for the basking light should do the trick. You could hook that up to a lamp dimmer so you can easily adjust the output. I would use a 22'' T5 UVB light and set that on the top on the same side as the basking light. You could set it along the front or back or even at a diagonal to provide a good UVB spread over the basking area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom