Reptile Habitat Controller (Arduino/ESP8266/SmartThings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Very cool. I like the mobile readouts and remote control. Can you set the basking light to ramp up and down to simulate sunrise & sunset? That's a feature I really like with my Herpstat.

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
I'm about to do something very similar. Using arduino uno, LCD button shield, and sensors, relays. I want to be able to automatically control heat and lights. Don't need any of the smart side of things.

Going with ds18b20 temp sensors and dht11 temp and humidity sensors. Want control over both basking and cool side of tank.
Any places you could point me to get me semi close for coding would be great. I do have some experience with arduino , and have both uno and mega 256. Thinking that with what I'm trying to do, the mega would be the way to go. More i/o pins, especially with wanting to use the button LCD shield to create a menu system to adjust and make changes to the system. As well as current temp of both got and cold side readings in real time.I

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darkestfallen

Beardie name(s)
darkestfallen
This is an awesome thread, thank you for sharing. I am a full custom DIY type person. I can draft designs, make all custom parts and build, I am unfortunately a bit behing the times when it comes to coding or anything like that. Would there be someone willing to point me in the right direction or perhaps a bit of class work learning in emails to push me along. I would like to tech out my beardies vivs. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom