Sealing 3D puzzles or papercraft for a hide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainyday

I do 3D jigsaw puzzles and papercraft like this as a hobby. Since the projects themselves are so lightweight, I got the idea of building a cityscape for my lizard to roam around in and use for hides.

Obviously, I don't want to endanger my lizard with any harmful printed materials or bacteria growth. I'd like to seal these projects in a way that not only protects them, but my lizard as well.

What would be the best way to go about doing this that is both safe and non-toxic? I've seen some videos of cosplayers sealing papercraft armor using fiberglass resin. I don't know if that would be the ideal way to do this, or if fiberglass resin is unsafe for lizards (although I do see people using it for aquarium builds).

Any advice or suggestions the more experienced members of this forum could offer would be most appreciated.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Mod podge is a good non toxic sealer. Should be readily available at craft stores.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom