Experienced brumaters!

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
Have any South African beardie owners on the forum dealt with brumation before? I need information as to when it starts, as mine are both slowing down, although it is only end March now. Is it too early for them to start brumating? We've had a couple of weeks with on/off rain, so temps have dropped a little, but it still averages high 30's during the day time. Any possibility that the rainy weather might have them confused?

wildheart

I am from Gauteng and I've had my dragons for 6 years now. Not one of them has ever gone into brumation but the weather definitely affects them. :wink:

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am certainly very glad to hear that. We've established that ours are indeed slowing down because of coccidia and not the weather.

wildheart

I'm sorry, I hope they will be better soon.
consoling2.gif

The weather affects my dragons because they have to stay inside the house on rainy days - they HATE being inside. :x

TheSnowQueen

Spoke to the Craighall vet, and she says that our weather won't get cold enough for them to go into complete brumation. I've had my baby for 3 years now, and I did notice her slowing down a little.

Hope your beardies are all well :)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom