Burmination

JakeJHB

So has anyone's dragons gone to sleep yet?
Just curious cos mine seems to be slowing down rather dramatically with the recent temp drops.

LJean

Extreme Poster
My dragon brumated and woke up already. How old is your dragon?

Oops, I see South Africa. Autumn where you are. Mine went down for brumation earlier this year than I had planned. But all went well when he woke.

Taryn7

Gray-bearded Member
My male is on is way.. He semi brumated last year too.
Seems with the early colder weather we are having - he is spending alot more time in his cave. He still pops out for a worm or 2 now and then though..
My female is still perfectly awake though..

Dopestar23

Hatchling Member
My little one just finished brumating. I'm also a resident in RSA so the brumation season has according to me, already started. Give it time, and just make sure that there's some place where he can go hide if he want to.

scotty88

i live in durbs and we also had a huge temp change,my boy seems to be semi down!he kinda sleeps in till bout 1 Pm and will come out eat a little and go back to bed :D

JakeJHB

Original Poster
Ok, so it's now a lot warmer and all the trees are green again... And she's still sleeping?!
Is a little over 4 months normal?!

clemkus

Hi, We have a male bearded dragon about 2 years old. He went into brumation on 31 May and still doesn't look like he wants to wake up any time soon. He seems dehydrated as his skin doesn't spring back in place very quickly. I have tried to wake him up and give him food, but he is not interested. Should I put him in a warm bath to re-hydrate him or just leave him alone????

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom