Videos?

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
You guys have any of them in the wild? The youtube videos aren't really what im looking for. If anybody has them i think it would be over here. Thanks

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Anything? Okay how about his do you guys ever see them in there natural habitat? To where you guys could get some footage for us?

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
Hey Dave how u going with getting a video?? Haven't been on for weeks and only just saw this one. Give me a yell if u need some areas, have a mate used to do lots of field trips with a group here. Know there's wild ones in the Leyburn area, not sure where to pinpoint. Also see wildies near the kids school, at home sometimes as well. Also Barbatas. Good luck - Kath

gulum

Sub-Adult Member
Sunshine, you know how far east beardies, any sub, come? My friend and cousin swear they have seen some and we are close to the beach. Wondering if theres any truth to it and ill try check it out if its true.

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
gulum":44f60 said:
Sunshine, you know how far east beardies, any sub, come?

'Apparently' there's a Coastal Bearded Dragon. But according to a great little book on all Aussie lizards I have, only the Inland/Central & the Eastern Beardeds are recognised under the Pogona genus. That's not to say the Eastern's haven't made it to the coast, but with their aversion to salt u wouldn't imagine so? A lot of people mistake the Water Dragons for Beardies - they're all lizards right :lol: If u can try get your mates to take a pic so we can sort it out. I'll check this book re locations of Beardies, + talk to a mate of mine who does field trips & is in with the rangers.Oh, that's an option, u could ring the nearest EPA & talk to the Rangers about sightings in those specific areas, 'cause if it's right & can be proven, I'm sure they'd be keen to know. Keep us posted!- Kathy

gulum

Sub-Adult Member
There are other beardies arn't there? I have a book and theres Kimberly Bearded and a bunch of others. I don't think they're variants as they look pretty different

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Easterns are along the coastline, at least from what my friends that I have that are over there tell me. I have an Australian distribution map of the pogona species that states they are on the coastal regions.
My friends have seen plenty of them. That is why they are called coastal sometimes I guess.
I wish I was there to take pictures!

Tracie

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
That's right Tracie. So Gulum, your mates are either seeing the Eastern (Barbata) or mistaking the Water Dragons. Eastern's have the really yellow mouth, & 3 distinct circles on their nose (the younger the more obvious). I thought they weren't on the coast, but found my little book - A Field Guide to Reptiles of QLD - & yes they're all up & down the coast of QLD NSW VIC & SA (my mistake earlier post). Under the Pogona Genus their are only 3 different genuses-The Eastern(Barbata), the Inland/Central (Vitticeps - which are definitely Not found near the coastal areas), & the Downs (Henry Lawsoni - this is the midget one) found only between Croydon and Augathella. BUT this is only for QLD, so now I'm gonna have to get an Australia wide one aren't I, can't stand not knowing which Dragons are where. Where abouts were u again Gulum & have u solved the mystery?
Kathy :)

gulum

Sub-Adult Member
Im on Gold Coast, not exactly coastal, but not as sticks as I like. We've just come on to holidays so I'm not gonna be able to corner my mate and find out. First thing when we get back.
James

Dave94

Gray-bearded Member
There's 8 genus of Pogona species found now..
Cheers,

You've forgotten

Pogona Minor Minor
Pogona Mitchelli
And the other two escape my mind now..

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom