Videos?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Everyone,

That is to the best of my knowledge right, at least 8 Pogona species.
Any barbata videos yet? They are probably all brumating now right?
What field guide are you referring to? Is there any way that you could find one for me, that would be really great.

Thanks.
Tracie

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
Hey Tracie. I just ordered this book at a bookstore here, was recommended to me by a mate who spends weekends hunting down & identifying lizards in the area. Exact title is 'A Field Guide to Reptiles of Queensland' by Steve Wilson, copyright 2005. I haven't looked in to an Australian guide yet but would be trying for one along the same lines. I see u pop up on the Aussie Python & Snakes site, someone posted this link the other day, don't know if u saw it - http://users.erols.com/ziring/dragon-species.html Hmmm, don't know if you'll get it when it won't highlight. It covers the species of pogona in Australia & the areas they're found. The post was about identifying a lizard, & was from yesterday or day before. Otherwise, re books, that Rick on Aussie Reptile Keeper seems to know his stuff so he'd probably be able to recommend a book & author.

Don't know if Dave got any footage - Dave? Just started winter here so buckleys 'til Spring. I reckon she'd be a pretty time-consuming task, seeing as the ones I've seen have all been just lying on a bit of wood. Actually Dave, did u catch that tv show on reptiles - I keep forgetting, 'cause there might've been some footage on their - I saw a Vitticeps on the add for one thing. Anyway, dribble dribble dribble. Take over with some useful info will u Dave :lol: ? - Kathy

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kathy,

Oh I think I actually responded on that thread. The dragon looked like a barbata at first glance, but I think it was a western.
I actually have seen that webpage & had it saved on favorites. Thanks. I will look for that book, too.
I talk to Rick all of the time, & am a member on that site, also. :D I wish that I lived in Australia, I want to study the wild dragons.
Thanks for the information I appreciate it.

Talk soon.
Tracie

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
Hey Tracie - just think, if u ever came for a visit to Oz, you'd get free accommodation all over the place from people on the different Aussie sites :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kathy,

OMG, that would be so generous of everyone. I would love to move there, but the main thing that has stopped us other than money, is the inability to bring our dragons with us. :cry: I just cannot give them up.
My dream would be to do a detailed long term study with video, on Barbatas, especially, as well as Vitticeps too, & perhaps EWD's too.

Tracie

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
You could be the next David Attenborough!
Us aussies are a generous people, plus a visit from anyone breaks the everyday normal. You should look into holidaying with the intention of filming & studying, which just means a babysitter for your beardies - s'pose u already have! But with the sites your on over here, info on where to find what beardies could be done prior to coming over. One day ...... just hold that thought.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kathy,

That is very true! I could always come during our wintertime when our dragons brumate. Then, it would be spring/summertime in Australia when they are all active!
I know, I have really thought about it. Who knows, maybe one day. :D
Yes, I have alot of people who could help me out with touring & filming the different species. That would be so educational. I did some reading about the Ghan train. Have you ever ridden on that before?

Tracie

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
Hi Tracie, got sidetracked & forgot. No haven't been on the ghan unfortunately. Did u guys hear about Adrian's Reptile World, a tv show just been showing over here, 2nd episode think it was that had Beardies on it. I don't get the program it aired on here, so didn't see it, but someone else....???? Just mentioned it as don't have any idea how you'd go about finding a copy, & if u find out, can you let me know lol, I'm hopeless with that sort of stuff.
BTW tracie, have u seen the discussion on Aussie Pythons & snakes re heat & UV? It's really interesting & raises a lot of questions that haven't been answered. It's originally about a Bluey. U seem real interested in the whole subject so thought I'd let u know.
Oops, past my bedtime....zzzzzzzzzzz

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks, I will go trot over there to the Aussie Pythons & see if I can find that thread. Yes, I love UV discussions. :D
You have been on the Ghan though? Is it cool? How many stops do they have?
Adrian's Reptile World, is that a new tv show over there? If you get a copy, can I see it? Did he spend much time on there with the beardies? That would be awesome.
Thanks. By the way, I feel bad, what is your name? If I have seen it, I don't remember, sorry! :oops:

Tracie

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
Hey Tracie, name's Kathy. You must've misread, I Haven't been on the Ghan! Adrians Reptile thing is like a documentary by the sound of it. Beardies were on the 2nd or 3rd episode, apparently went through in the wild, plus keeping them as pets. I missed it as our reception here doesn't let me get the station it was on. Was hoping Dave or one of the other Aussies - come on guys - could let us know more, or whether they've got a copy they can send thru to us all :D
Talk to you.... Kathy

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kathy,

Oh ok! Well, the Ghan sounds pretty cool! Maybe you will go on it someday then.
That would be neat to be able to see the Adrian's Reptile show, especially if it was a documentary. I hope that someone will come forward with a copy. :D

Tracie

gulum

Sub-Adult Member

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom