Where to buy leaf litter?

Xazzak

Hatchling Member
Why would you want leaf litter? Trust me, I too wanted to create a "natural environment", but quickly changed my tune when I realized how much work it can be from a cleaning perspective...not to mention bacterial growth. If I can convince you of an easy alternative; I use Duck brand non- adhesive shelf liner (Lowe's carries the brand, but not Home Depot; if these are available in your area). It cleans well, and you can wash it in the washing machine (pre wash to remove that "new" odor; follow instructions on back of paper label). I bought two rolls, and measured out my enclosure and cut large squares to make up dual mats. This way, if there's poop on one side I can take out that and put in a clean one, without removing all of her decor.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Xazzak":3d759h3b said:
Why would you want leaf litter? Trust me, I too wanted to create a "natural environment", but quickly changed my tune when I realized how much work it can be from a cleaning perspective...not to mention bacterial growth. If I can convince you of an easy alternative; I use Duck brand non- adhesive shelf liner (Lowe's carries the brand, but not Home Depot; if these are available in your area). It cleans well, and you can wash it in the washing machine (pre wash to remove that "new" odor; follow instructions on back of paper label). I bought two rolls, and measured out my enclosure and cut large squares to make up dual mats. This way, if there's poop on one side I can take out that and put in a clean one, without removing all of her decor.

I wanted to leaf litter because I was gonna have a clean up crew, ended up using Blue gum. The Cleanup Crew eat any bacterial growth and as long as the air flow is not stale then it wont grow, and if mine poops it is quickly devoured by the clean up crew so no cleaning for me =]

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom