Uv Light

Charlos101

Hatchling Member
I live in Australia and i really really wanted to get a Reptisun 10.0 but it seems we dont sell them over hhere and i cant find a site that does??? eBay does but the lights good come broken, as they have in a past experience! what other REALLY GOOD uv lights is there over here?
BTW my two local petshops are "Pails for scales" and "Petstock"

Hey Charlos101! :)

I have only ever used (and will continue to do so) the NEC T10 tubes - electrical wholesalers have them, are a quarter of the price of the other "brand" tubes (no reptiles on the packaging) and pump out as much (more in some cases) UVA/UVB as some of the other well-known brands.

Hope this helps! :)

Best,
Carolyn

Oh, incidentally, stay away from the "fan/heater" set ups - it will tell you on the packaging that the globes emit UVA/UVB, but studies and research shows they don't emit enough to be beneficial for bearded dragons. (I will try and hunt up the research and studies)...

Charlos101

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh i see, im currently using a "Australian brand" one that i brought from "Pails for scales" it seems to be doing the job and many of my friends rec it to me :D
Thxs anyways

P.s i shall still have a look at the brand you mentioned :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Out your way, you should be able to find an Arcadia D3 12% tube bulb, or they have a Mercury Vapor Bulb out now that you could try. It should easily be able to be found online there.
I have several UK sites saved, if you can get something shipped from there, I can post them for you.
I just found an Australia site online, where you can purchase the Arcadia D3 12% tube light from. It is a little confusing, so be sure and pick the D3 light.
Here is the site for you:
http://www.petcityonline.com.au/products.asp?MainID=Reptile&CatID=062&mainc=Reptile+Lighting&offset=18

Tracie

Charlos101

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thxs! I had a look and i have been using one of them for a while now, there great and i havn't had any problems! Thanks again :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great, I am glad that you were able to find the Reptisun 10 then. I am happy to hear that your dragon is doing well.

Tracie

Batty

Slightly OT, but how often should the UVB tube be replaced and does it need to be the whole length of the enclosure? my tube is only just over half the length of my 70cm tank.

Charlos101

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Every 6 months i think, and is doesn't have to cover whole tank just most of it!! (half should be ok)
I'm going to check out that site right now :)
Thanks everybody!

EDIT: Woooooow, they are pricey!!!

Charlos101

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey guys, i haven't been on in ages!!!
thanks for listing that site i shall go check it out, i have a UV light now i have for a while
im just using a brand from our local pet shop it seems safe and ok :D

Hey Gang,

I am very surprised that none has suggested this yet but 'amazon.com' ship reptisun 10 internationally. I can only confirm that this works for Australia, so if anyone else would like to try and post below that will help.

If you want to search items yourself just make sure you are using the International Amazon, this means that the items are internationally shipped.

If you want to get the 24 inch globe there are currently some linking problems with Amazon when selecting the Fluorescent-24-Inch. The issue is because when you click on the link, it directs you to the wrong seller "Sold by US Reptile and Fulfilled by Amazon" and you need to make the purchase simply from "Amazon.com" in order to get the item shipped to Australia and possibly elsewhere.

You are still able to get this item but you need to do the following steps:
Step 1: Click on this link for Fluorescent-24-Inch. If you are logged in you will receive the error "We are not able to ship this item to your default shipping address".

Step 2: Click on the "new items" link shown in picture below

Step 3: Locate the seller which is specificlly from "amazon.com" shown in pic below

Step 4: Proceed with check out and wait for the item :D.

This problem may get fixed, but I think it is important that people know for now if you are in AUS with the same problem. The other globes linked below have no issue, and are linked to the correct seller.

Fluorescent-36-Inch
Fluorescent-18-Inch

Enjoy
Payne

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom