Floods

Critter

Hatchling Member
My thoughts are with all those affected by these terrible floods in Queensland, and even the flash flooding that happened in Victoria overnight. Both are said to get worse and it's just horrible. I don't know if there are any members of this forum from QLD but if there are then I hope that you, your families and your Beardies are safe.

libinoz

Well, we are here in Bundaberg and are to expect our SECOND flood in approx two weeks. This time the river is to peak at approx 5 metres which means some minor flooding to the city centre. The main roads to the south have been cut since the weekend so nothing is coming north so as a result of that there is no bread or milk readily available in town. I haven't been into town since Saturday so I am hoping that the pet store will still have some bugs for Komodo. We have had some minor power outagages but we are extremely lucky. The poor buggers at Toowoomba, Grantham, Murrays Creek and now Brisbane ... another kettle of fish altogether. RIP those that have been lost in the floods.

Critter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It always amuses me that in times of crisis bread and milk are the first two things to go missing. I honestly wouldn't even buy those two things at all if I had to do some last minute shopping, I mean both of those items go off fairly quickly. You'd think long lasting items like canned goods, fresh bottled water etc would be much more important.

5 of my friends had to move out becasue their house went under...
My whole school went under as well, there were people in canoes and the were moving on the water through all the shops, It was really bad. Im sooo lucky I live on a hill, becasue everything around us got flooded :\

Its nice of you to post this :) It was terrible, but we are all good now.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom