Rankins/Lawsons? (pics)

Shona

So who else in Australia has a Rankins or Lawsons dragon.

Silly me here I was thinking I had a Bearded Dragon when all along I had a Rankins Dragon.

I was starting to get worried that he wasn't looking as big and his colour was different to all the others on the board.......I put it down to living in another country.

Still love the little guy to peaces......but just a little disappointed that he wont grow as big as I thought........anyway I wouldn't part with him/her for the world.

So just wondering if I was the only silly one......apparently the breeder didn't know either because it is written that it is a Central Bearded Dragon 'Pagona Vitticeps' and not Rankin's Dragon 'Pogona brevis'

If anyone would like to have a look and tell me I am wrong here is the address.

http://www.angelfire.com/me4/pets/rankinsdragon.html

This is my Bambam and at 4 and a half months he/she is 8 and a half inches.
IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_5517.jpg

gulum

Sub-Adult Member
Does that mean you've got the wrong species written in your licence/record book? That could be a problem.

RedInkAus

Hatchling Member
Not to doubt you or anything mate, but 8 inches at 4 1/2 months seems awfully big for a Rankins (now classified as Pagona henrylawsonii and the common name usually used is Blacksoil brearded dragon). Rankins are usually around 30 cms fully grown and have an un-mistakable lateral scaling pattern on them specially at that age.

Try googling images of Rankins dragon and see how Bam Bam compares, I could be totally of the mark though mate as Pagona Brevis is no longer used as a scientific name for dragon species to the best of my knowledge then again it could be.

I hope i don't offend you with all the stuff i have written as Bam bam is a fantastic looking dragon no matter the sub-species.

Cheers,

Grogshla

Juvie Member
He seems to look like a lawsoni. Are u measuring him from his head to his vent or to the end of his tail? I would love to buy a lawsoni but i cant find a breeder? where did you get yours from mate?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom