Burmanation

gulum

Sub-Adult Member
Hey,
Just wondering what time all our little Down Under Beardies go to sleep.
My little fellas being getting real sleepy :? . Its this darn rainy/cold weather. I want to go to sleep and I'm the one with internal heating :D What about all the others out there?

gulum

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
What do you think about turning of the UV when they burmanate? My little guys is tucked up under a log with his blanket, so I don't see the UV tube doing much - might aswell save it and power?

Dave94

Gray-bearded Member
mischa":de39c said:
Hey dave do you have any recent pics of mojo?

Before brumation..
newstuffjanuarywhatever008.jpg

gulum

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Dave, I reckon that Gummie and Mojo would make a pretty good match.
IMG_4139.jpg

/\ Gummie - Not his best photo, last year, better colours now ~ bits of orange aswell
\/ Mojo
newstuffjanuarywhatever008.jpg

Dave94

Gray-bearded Member
Mojo is going with this guy hehe

hotmushu001.jpg

Mojo is 20inch and like 400grams now brumation is taking some weight away.

shimmeriing

Hatchling Member
Is there a certain time of year for this? that they ALL do it..or they just do it when they're ready? lol this is all so weird.
How long does it usually last for? How do you know? I mean, I'm gonna freak out and think he's dead.

gulum

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
They do it during / coming up to winter, if it isn't then you should worry. I didn't change temperatures, lighting time or anything. They can just tell when it's time. It's a natural thing that they all do, not some of the young ones though, no matter where they are in the country. Gets 'em ready for breading and lets them avoid the food shortage and bad basking temperatures the come during winter. They are amazing little fella's and it's always sad to say byebye I won't see you for a few months :( Time to pay attention to the dog :lol:

shimmeriing

Hatchling Member
wow interesting. so they don't eat for months?? they sleep the whole winter? Spring is coming..so I guess it'll be awhile before I see this happening. I got him a month ago, the previous owner didn't say anything about this. I'm so glad I found this forum..I would have thought he died.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom