C&C Cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadleyw

Posted by: hadleyw at Tue Aug 16 23:03:41 2016 [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by hadleyw ]

Hello!

I am looking to move my Mali Uromastyx to a larger tank. I was looking at 120 gallon tanks.

I was wondering if instead of that I could convert one of my C&C cages into a Uro enclosure. I couldn’t attach an image so you would have to look it up.

It is 6x3. It has coroplast on the bottom and grid walls. It would be off of the ground. The cage does not have a top. I could make one and be able to clamp it shut or hand the lights on a stand. Would it be okay to have completely open sides as long as he has the right lighting?

I may be able to put tiles on the bottom. The coroplast probably isn’t the best unless I can seal the edges. It doesn’t have any holes though. Would it be okay to have the sand directly on that or should I tile it? I could also replace the coroplast with a wood base.

At this point the cage would probably be a big hassle but I just wanted to ask in case.

Thank you!

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
it honestly sounds like a huge hassle but doable. I would not recommend it because unless you wrap the walls with something it will be almost be impossible to regulate heat unless you want to keep the room that he will be in to the proper temps. it would honestly be easier to make a wood frame and use plexiglass or acrylic for windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom