Looking for the "Bible" for new uromastyx owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colesdad

Have have a beardie for 4 years, love him endlessly. Beardie had been the perfect family pet, everyone loves him and he had the perfect environment because we did tons of researc. I mention this because we love him and play by the rules giving him everything, including affection, that he needs.
Yesterday we took in a uuromastyx from the sister in law because she is moving. During our research, we discovered he is not in his ideal environment, has a bulb uvb, substrate isn't ideal, temps inconsistent (going to use it infrared gun to monitor that I currently have), no climbing decorations, etc. He needs his home cleaning terribly! I've read that baths aren't necessarily great (again, all learning so I could be wrong) but he desperately needs cleaning because of the "dry dirt" had caused discoloration, he is covered in feces and has had inconsistent diet. I love my sister in law, but the uromastyx needs attention badly.
She also had two Bearded dragons, we cleaned their cages and have them a good scrubbing. I tried to take them home with us also but she wants to keep them :( .
I need to know a trusted source for information to give this uromastyx a perfect home. Please help us (and him)! If you are reading this and may know of a uromastyx owner, please pm them to direct them to this thread.
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom