Looking for the "Bible" for new uromastyx owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colesdad

Have have a beardie for 4 years, love him endlessly. Beardie had been the perfect family pet, everyone loves him and he had the perfect environment because we did tons of researc. I mention this because we love him and play by the rules giving him everything, including affection, that he needs.
Yesterday we took in a uuromastyx from the sister in law because she is moving. During our research, we discovered he is not in his ideal environment, has a bulb uvb, substrate isn't ideal, temps inconsistent (going to use it infrared gun to monitor that I currently have), no climbing decorations, etc. He needs his home cleaning terribly! I've read that baths aren't necessarily great (again, all learning so I could be wrong) but he desperately needs cleaning because of the "dry dirt" had caused discoloration, he is covered in feces and has had inconsistent diet. I love my sister in law, but the uromastyx needs attention badly.
She also had two Bearded dragons, we cleaned their cages and have them a good scrubbing. I tried to take them home with us also but she wants to keep them :( .
I need to know a trusted source for information to give this uromastyx a perfect home. Please help us (and him)! If you are reading this and may know of a uromastyx owner, please pm them to direct them to this thread.
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom