Uro needs a friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgolden4958

This might be silly to think, knowing that Uros like to live alone and have their own space, but our uro seems to yearn for the attention of the dragons. We have 1 adult, 1 8 month old and a 4 month old. We let the beardies and our uro (Theodore) run around on the floor at different times during the day. But it seems whenever Theodore sees the two bigger ones he claws at the cage and wants out. So with a watchful eye, I let him and our juvenile out. For about three days it went well, she kinda just ignored him and he followed her around. Today he moved towards her, very slowly considering how quickly he moves about, and just started licking her head. She tilted her head like ok, you can move away now and he stopped but tried to walk over her to get somewhere else and she bearded at him. I quickly picked her up and put her back so she didn't get stressed out. But I feel so bad for him, I feel like he wants someone to hang out with. Should I keep trying with the beardie or maybe with the smaller beardie? I don't want to stress anyone out because I care about them all but he's the sweetest lizard we have and I want him to be happy too. Am I ridiculous?

court

I don't think you are at all. Scientists don't know everything!!!! Lori and Loki my Bearded dragons do things EVERY day that can't be explained away as simple instinct. I had Uros in the past and kept two in a tank and they slept together curled up in one corner of their tank. I'd say get him a even sized friend. These lizards are far more intelligent than they're given credit for!!!! and they DO have emotions I don't care what anybody says about that I've seen it with my own eyes from over 28 years of experience with Various Reptiles spanning a multitude of species from snakes to frogs to lizards to turtles and tortoises

cbbrown

Hatchling Member
Putting two uro's in the same tank is a bad idea just like it's a bad idea to put two bearded dragons in the same enclosure. I've seen a lot of evidence that animals meant to be alone should be alone. I know this is an old post but to say that it's okay to co-hab animals just on a matter of opinion against people's advice who has cared for these animals for years is irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom