My Beardie just died :( now looking for Ury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy0Marsh

My dragon was about 7 years old, died peacefully in his sleep one night. Saddest thing ever I swear.... :(
Anyway could anyone point me at a repuatable breeder, or a rescue that could use an understanding experienced rehab human? I'm pretty sad about my other boy, but i've always wanted a Ury and that's the driection I'd like to go. :)

Also could anyone point me in the direction of significant differences in care/diet of beardies and Urys? Or what to expect. My old dragon was extremely spoiled and i'm a little heartbroken right now, but if anyone has anything that can help by all means I could use the information!

jgolden4958

We've had a Saharan uromastyx for about 2 months now. We got him from a show. The Uros need to be a lot hotter than beardies. Basking spot around 130. That's the biggest difference I've seen. He eats only greens and mixed veggies without the corn on occasion. He's still really skittish. I've read that it sometimes takes months for them to get used to their owners/surroundings. He loves our dragons but they don't love him. He's the sweetest lizard we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom