Uromastyx

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Hi, long time since I've been on this forum! I've been busy with college and work, but my brother was thinking of buying a uromastyx, well he's made the decision. He bought a 75 gal tank, link fixtures, etc. He'll probably need better bulbs and such but the decision is pretty much made. Minus actually having the uro. We're planning on going to an expo together in april to look around for his uro. I'm think of getting an ornate, because I hear they have the best temperament, or one of the better temperaments out of the uromastyx species. I know Ornate's are typically pricier though. In general, to anyone who has a uromastyx, is yours fairly friendly? Not looking for anyone to get whipped with that tail :lol: I know you have one Brandon! Also, compared to beardies, how hardy are they, and signs to look for to make sure we don't grab a sick one? Thanks to all, hope to get back at this more often :blob8:

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Captive bred uros are much easier to transition and usually have more amiable personalities. Ornate uros that you find should be captive bred. I have a wild caught Moroccan and hes ok. He will lick our hands.. and take food from us.. but he does not like being picked up.. and all he does all day long is run the length of his 6 foot tank trying to find a way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom