Traveling questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a juvenile uromastyx be okay to travel with me for half a day?
Would an adult uro be okay if i had it taken care of by a friend for one week for vacay?
Could i take a juvenile to camp in the summer? We get a trailer with electricity so it could stay warm, and we are mostly outside the trailer throughout the day so it would be nice and quiet in there.
-Lizzy
P.S. Sorry for all the questions, but i trust your answers more than alot of other stuff on the internet. I also want to be 100% prepared to get a Uromastyx BEFORE i buy it.

Can anyone answer?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you provide the basic needs of the uro? Such as a very hot basking area? If the answer is no, then your answer is no.

-Brandon

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Honestly.. uros do not take to relocation stress well. If at all possible I would leave the uro in his/her own enclosure. I have a two week vacation coming up next month.. and someone offered to watch my uro for me. Although that would be great because someone would be there for him all the time.. I decided to just have my sister come feed him everyday.. because I do not want to risk the problems that come with freaking out a little uromastyx. They stop eating.. they hide and refuse to come out.. and before he/she even adjusts you will be moving him again.

Lizzylovesbeardies

Original Poster
The uro would have proper light and heating, might miss about half and hour or so of light, but that should be pretty okay. Thank you for answering i will be very cautious.
-Lizzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom