Questions need answering??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Repti Calvium with d3 any good for uromastyx lizards? And for heat, will a 100 watt light bulb get up to 110-120F? Deer fern farms said thats the appropriate degree farenheit for them. Also, they said paper is a good substrate for babies? Like paper towel and butcher/wax paper. Thx!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lizzylovesbeardies":436knq9c said:
Is Repti Calvium with d3 any good for uromastyx lizards?
Yes.
Lizzylovesbeardies":436knq9c said:
And for heat, will a 100 watt light bulb get up to 110-120F?
Maybe, Maybe not. Too many variables.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Temperature of your house, the type of bulb, the type of fixture, the size of the tank, how far away the bulb is from the basking spot, etc.

What works for one person, might not work for another as there are way too many things that effect it.

Best bet is to just try it out. If it doesn't, keep trying different bulbs till you find one.

-Brandon

Lizzylovesbeardies

Original Poster
Okay, thank you.
I have just a few more questions about food to ask you;

-Can Uros have the frozen peas we buy in grocery stores once their boiled?

-Can they have carrots with the peel left on or does it need to come off?

-Can they have real dark leafy lettuce, or no lettuce period?

-Does any vitamin formula with D3 okay for them?

-And how often would you give them those vitamins and how much?

-Lizzy

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
A 100w lightbulb wasnt hot enough to heat my beardie in her 40g breeder. Really just depends on the house you have for your uro and the distance from the basking spot. I use a 80w halogen outdoor flood lamp for Gordos basking spot.

Uros can have peas.. not sure why you would want to boil them first.. but I guess that would be ok too. I just thaw them and let him snack. They are not a good every day food however. I use them as a treat.

Carrot peel is fine... just wash the carrot off first.

I would avoid lettuce. Dark leafy greens like collard, turnip, mustard greens. But the best staple for them is the chicory family... curly endive or escarole. Dandelion greens are good too.

I use Repashy super veggie. If you use a vitamin or calcium supplement make sure you do not overdose. Uros seem to be sensitive to that.

I have a bowl of crushed tortoise pellets mixed with lentils in my uros house. I sprinkle the supplements in there.. and he snacks on it in the evenings. If you are going to sprinkle his veggies.. I would do it about 4 times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom