New Uromastyx - some newbie questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
I will have to check out the facebook page again. I mostly go there to see everyone's pictures. I check this and the repticzone uro page every day though. I just love seeing everyone else's lizards. I also love to watch beardie and uro videos on youtube. I just love lizards I guess! If you haven't seen it yet.. you have to watch the uromastyx belly tickle / belly rub videos on youtube. It's SO cute.

Porcelain tile sounds perfect. Put up some pictures when you have it all figured out!

Pugwinkle

Original Poster
I will have to check out the utube videos and I will definitely put up some pictures once I have it figured out.

I have a question about flowers. I have roses here and I read that they like them. Do I just feed them the pedals or do I take the whole head of the flower and give it to them? They didn't seem very impressed about the pedals. Same thing for other flowers of course.... do I feed the whole flower or just the pedals?

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
With roses, I feed him just the petals because the green part of the rose is very tough. Hibiscus you can feed the whole flower. Dandelions you can feed the whole flower. Pansies - whole flower.

I found that Gordo was not much interested in rose petals either. He likes dandelions and pansies. I have not tried hibiscus because I don't have any. You have to make sure that there are no pesticides. That's why I don't feed him anything that wasn't grown on my property. I also avoid the rose bush that's in the corner of my yard because I don't know if the neighbors use pesticides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom