New Uromastyx - some newbie questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
I will have to check out the facebook page again. I mostly go there to see everyone's pictures. I check this and the repticzone uro page every day though. I just love seeing everyone else's lizards. I also love to watch beardie and uro videos on youtube. I just love lizards I guess! If you haven't seen it yet.. you have to watch the uromastyx belly tickle / belly rub videos on youtube. It's SO cute.

Porcelain tile sounds perfect. Put up some pictures when you have it all figured out!

Pugwinkle

Original Poster
I will have to check out the utube videos and I will definitely put up some pictures once I have it figured out.

I have a question about flowers. I have roses here and I read that they like them. Do I just feed them the pedals or do I take the whole head of the flower and give it to them? They didn't seem very impressed about the pedals. Same thing for other flowers of course.... do I feed the whole flower or just the pedals?

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
With roses, I feed him just the petals because the green part of the rose is very tough. Hibiscus you can feed the whole flower. Dandelions you can feed the whole flower. Pansies - whole flower.

I found that Gordo was not much interested in rose petals either. He likes dandelions and pansies. I have not tried hibiscus because I don't have any. You have to make sure that there are no pesticides. That's why I don't feed him anything that wasn't grown on my property. I also avoid the rose bush that's in the corner of my yard because I don't know if the neighbors use pesticides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom