Peter loves it outside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vianeth

So I carried Peter and Lois' tank outside on the back deck, where it's hottest on my property. While it's not actually 126 outside on the deck (more like 90-100), the basking rock gets to 126. It was so dark in their room this morning even with their lamps on, so I decided to treat them to some all natural sunlight. Peter is in a much better mood now!
001-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

002.jpg

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Peter looks so much like my little Dougie! You're right he does look very happy out there. How long did you keep them outside? I always want to take Dougie outside, I just might have to now!

-Kaleen

Vianeth

Original Poster
Only for a few hours. With the glass it was heating up the tank dramatically and the temperature never stayed consistent, it kept getting hotter. They didn't have a cool side out there which I didnt like, so the whole tank was basically 115+. I brought them back inside so that I could get it back to the temp gradient

anc90

Hatchling Member
I love their names!!! They are very neat looking,I do not know anything about Uromastyx how are their personalities?

Vianeth

Original Poster
They are typically wanting to be more left alone than beardies. But, my female loves climbing on my hand, my male runs and hides from me when he notices me making eye contact with him. They are not aggressive to me in any way though, just very independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom