New uro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
By that do you mean how well do they do together? Or how do you find a uro to breed with?

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure exactly.

I've only had one uro so I obviously can't speak from experience.

You might want to e mail the owners at deerfernfarms.com to ask. They are breeders but I'd assume that they would give you an unbiased answer.

-Brandon

kFitz

Hatchling Member
He's beautiful! I've been quietly researching Uros and lurking on this forum for a while. I'm not in the position to take on another reptile at the moment, but would LOVE a Uro one day. I'm partial to the ornates or saharans. Your guys coloring is fantastic!
-Kelly

Vianeth

MisterMike":j435k28e said:
Yeah if they do well together. Or better by themselves?

I have a pair of Uro's. A Mali and a Moroccon and they are barely 6" from snout to tail tip. Since the female is just a bit bigger, I think she considers herself the 'dominant' one. She often lays over the male for the better basking spot like Beardie's tend to do in pairs/groups. I haven't seen any aggression yet (probably too young yet for that) but they often bask next to each other. They also sleep on top or next to each other. I want to think it's a dominance thing because I doubt they are doing it to snuggle :)
I've seen the male do the same thing to the female. He will lie on top of her during basking. Then the female decides to take off, and takes the male for a ride, it's so cute!
8106_271862959588091_762902953_n.jpg

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Well the guy from deer fern farms told me I can house them toghther and they won't mate as long as u make them feel like its summer all the time also not to
High jack can some people put some
Pics of their full viv and explain it abit and how good are they on handling

Vianeth

Zeusmybeardie":1gksq6qe said:
Well the guy from deer fern farms told me I can house them toghther and they won't mate as long as u make them feel like its summer all the time also not to
High jack can some people put some
Pics of their full viv and explain it abit and how good are they on handling

UromastyxViv40g.jpg

Mine don't mind being handled. Especially the female walks onto my hand if I put it in front of her.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Ty I like it but I think I'm gonna use bird sees 1 it looks better and 2 deer fern farms said its actually really good for them and it helps them digest their veggies

Vianeth

I decided to wait on bird seed. They ended up eating nothing but the bird seed and not their veggies. I was scared they were going to get impacted. They are under 6", not very smart and for now they are on paper. But good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom