Rankins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hello! I recently got a fancy bearded dragon from my local pet store. I am starting to think she might be a rankins, but want a second opinion. Here are my reasons for thinking she's a rankins:

1. barely any head spines
2. loves to swim (did research and rankins are found loving water)
3. very jumpy, another thing I read about rankins. She'll just randomly jump off of her hammock, and me!
4. only grown around 1/4" since I got her (Oct 13) which makes her 6 3/4"
5. she has similar characteristic and behavioral traits that rankins have.

102727-573054357.jpg

102727-7558311443.jpg

102727-5750809838.jpg

What do you all think? and btw... her colors are a really dark grey with red highlights, the camera caught the lighting weird, so it looks yellow :wink:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi,

Shes not a rankins but I went into better detail in your other thread :)

-Brandon

razorback

Claudiusx is correct. Your dragon is not a Rankin. The distinguishing feature on a Rankin is the series of dual polka dots down the back. This guy in the picture is a 3 months old Rankin, VERY active, a bit skittish even after frequent handling and quite voracious.
107236-9352328144.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom