Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Just wondering how much demand is there for Rankins? Mine have displayed breeding attempts recently. Just want to make sure babies wouldn't be hard to find homes for. It would also dictated how many females I would hold back.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
I don't think you'd have any trouble finding homes for them. To my knowledge, which is very limited about the species, they are rare in the states, am I correct in saying that? Many of the people that claim to have Rankins I've noticed they are actually just smaller beardies (sort of like the claims with German giants). The fact that you actually do have Rankins would be a hit im sure.

Not trying to change the subject but I'm wonder how it is caring for them? Is it the same as caring for a beardie?

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
The care is the same as a bearded dragon. They don't eat as much and can be in smaller homes.
In the UK Rankins are fairly common, but in the US they are fairly rare. Many have been crossbred with bearded dragons...which isn't desirable. 100% Rankins are kind of hard to find.
The main reason for the question is I just don't hear about much demand for them. I do have 2 females that may have been bred with. All of mine are 100% pure bloodlines, but I'm not interested in breeding them if homes are hard to find for them.
I bought mine because I knew they were kind of rare, and they were extremely cheap. Besides they are cute as heck.. :)

MsCarter

Juvie Member
The idea of a "small beardie" that requires less food and a smaller Viv is appealing. I would love to have another dragon however I'm short on space so the thought of a Rankins really interest me. I'm sure there are plenty of others that would agree. You could always post on forums like FB which has many groups with a large amount of members to receive some more feedback first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom