Lumps on lower jaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Bowtie
Age: about 1 year, he was roughly 6 months old when I got him in August.
Sex: Male
Type: Rankins dragon (same as a bearded just smaller)
Tank: 20 gallon (perfect size for a rankins) with repti carpet bedding, he has a cool dark spot on one side and a branch for him to climb up on the other.
UVB: 18" Reptisun 10.0 UVB (5 months old)
Heat source: Infrared 75 watt (he actually prefers the infrared bulb to a regular white bulb). This is also a new bulb.
Temperatures
-Basking: 95-100
-Mid tank: 85-90
-Cool side: 70-75
Water: He is sprayed daily (a must for rankins), and has a water dish in his tank that he drinks from/lays in
Food: He eats wax worms, and horn worms. Unfourtantley he is the pickiest eater ever and will not eat crickets, repti worms, calci worms, dubia roaches. I am going to try silk worms and small superworms next. I dust his worms with calci powder which he also doesn't really like but I do it anyway. He also wont eat any veggies which I am working on.

With all the important information aside...
Since I have had Bowtie (i got him in August) he has always had 2 symmetrical lumps on each side of his lower jaw. I never thought about them because he has always had them. Lately it seems one side seems "swollen" and as I started to google to see if these lumps were a common occurrence in dragons I found nothing so I turn to you for help to try and figure out what is wrong, if anything.
He is very alert and is acting very normal. As far as I have had him he has not shed yet or gone into brumation (he may be still too young for that). I touched both lumps and he didnt seem bothered at all. He is acting completely normally

This is from the day I got him, the lumps are there, you can only see one side

also from the day I got him, you can see both sides

This is from today, the lumps both look bigger, you can see both sides

This is also from today, you can see how big the lump on this side is, This side seems more swollen.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
He is cute as a button! If one side is swelling I would let a vet check it out. It never hurts to have a yearly wellness exam with fecal test done by an experienced reptile vet. If you have not had him looked at by a vet prior to this post, I would make an appointment.

samphychippy

Original Poster
After talking thoroughly with his breeder, we both agreed that it may be a result of MBD. I realized his UVB light fixture has a plastic covering on it that blocks the rays and due to his super pickey diet we are assuming he is not getting enough calcium. I ordered a new light fixture and I am trying out silk worms for the first time with him. I also got some calcium glubionate to give him daily! Hopefully this will help! I will keep an eye on him and if anything new comes up or gets worse I will seek a vet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom