Ranskins dragon pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikael

I'm thinking of getting a pair of rankins dragons or just one. Can someone tell me if the bearded dragon vision set on lllreptile is ok for them and can u keep a male and female together without breeding? Are males or females more friendly?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would recommend against keeping two dragons together unless you're trying to breed them. Two males will likely become aggressive and could hurt eachother. A male and female will likely breed and could still hurt eachother. Two females are less likely to hurt eachother but could still cause stress when housed together, it's hard to say ahead of time. If you want to keep two dragons, I recommend getting two separate enclosures that aren't visible to eachother.

babyheartthrob

Hatchling Member
Just wanted to say that Rankins are different from Beardies in that you can house them together. They are not territorial (like our beardies are) and from what I've seen (and heard) they are better in social vivs.

That being said if you get a male and female in a viv together they will breed (that's just natural behavior :lol:).

As for the question about the set up from LLL or the male vs. female. I really couldn't tell you about those as I've never kept Rankins (I have a friend that used to breed them, but he sadly sold all but one of his :()

Sabrina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom