Where to buy Rankin's Dragon Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

msina11

I am very interested in buying a rakin's dragon baby. I was wondering if there are any articular pet stores that carry rakin's dragons? Otherwise, what are the best places online to buy a rankin's dragon baby?

krusty46

There are a few breeders who sell online and deal with Rankins. Big Apple Herps had them listed for sale on their site, but I have no experience with them.
A few places I contacted did not have any left and said to contact them in the spring.
Serenity's Dragon only had females left when I emailed them a few weeks back. I decided I wasn't ready for possible egg impaction issues as someone new to BD's, so I passed. No other experience with them other than a few emails, but they were very nice.
I just got Gimli from Carolina Classic Dragons and have been very satisfied. Not sure if they have any left though.
Good luck, they are adorable and don't seem to eat as much.

msina11

Original Poster
Alright thanks! I haven't had one before but rankin's definitely seem great! Exotic Pets Las Vegas has some babys available but I am not aure if they are trustworthy...Do you have any experiences with them?

krusty46

Sorry to say, but no.
I'm new to this myself. I've only had dealings with a few other breeders than what I had mentioned, but they did not have Rankins. I live in NY, so I tried to keep everything on the East Coast.

krusty46

Rankin or Lawsons Dragon is basically a smaller Bearded Dragon. They only grow to be about half the size (10-11'') as an Inland Dragon. They require a smaller enclosure and eat a lot less. I still have him in a 50 gallon enclosure because I want him to have plenty of room, but I've heard of people keeping them in 30 gallon tanks. It's also said that they cohabitate better and people have kept males together with no issues. Not something I plan on doing.
They don' have that great beard though. Gimli tries to be all scary at times, but when he puffs up he just looks fat. They also don't have the great colors.

mysticfae

I've been looking too, it seems very hard to find a breeder! does anyone know what colour morphs they come in - if any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom