Rankin's cuteness - Rankins Dragons thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You'll just have to wait & see, maybe she'll show when she's almost due to lay her eggs, like beardie females do. Sweetie was never bred & it was rare that I could feel her infertile eggs. Guess it will just have to be a surprise, wonder if they do the same thing beardies do, small urates, digging, glass dancing more than usual, besides getting fat. You'll have to keep us informed. They are just all so precious. I'm so envious of all of you that have Rankins, so different to beardies, yet so similar!
Deb

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Deb, you have Gabriel in your signature now! I love it. Whoever did that sig did a really nice job, was it you?

Yes, we are very lucky to have the Rankins, that is for sure. I just pulled a 60 hour work week to help pay for the new one, and some moving costs, and getting Smurf's brother. So much going on and we are in an audit window at work so the extra hours came at the right time. :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good for you Shannon, a friend made my sig, isn't it great? And added Gabriel, as I thought it was time, I've had him for 3 mo now. He's doing great, too, has his last panacur dose tomorrow am & goes to the vet with Lonzo on Friday am. Hoping for a clear fecal for a change!

It must have been hard to do a 60 hour week with all the reptile chores you have at home, but worth the extra $ for the move & the extra costs. When do you get Papa's brother? You'll let us know on Papa's thread?

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":1p0uhiiq said:
Good for you Shannon, a friend made my sig, isn't it great? And added Gabriel, as I thought it was time, I've had him for 3 mo now. He's doing great, too, has his last panacur dose tomorrow am & goes to the vet with Lonzo on Friday am. Hoping for a clear fecal for a change!

It must have been hard to do a 60 hour week with all the reptile chores you have at home, but worth the extra $ for the move & the extra costs. When do you get Papa's brother? You'll let us know on Papa's thread?

Yes it was past time to add your new little angel. :) 3 months is a long time to have him: that long feels like a lot longer when you are giving so much daily care. Can't believe I've only had Smurf 6 months, since I feel like I have had him forever. I worked 16 hours yesterday, got home just before 1:00am, and got to work at 6am this morning and left at 1:00pm. Hubby treated me to BBQ, which is my favorite food in the whole world, and then he took me to pick up Rocky. I am so happy to have him in our home now. He is a genuine sweetie. Here is his thread so you can see him: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=172189

He looks so much like Smurf it's not funny, and it is easy to tell they are brothers. You can tell what Smurf's face would look like if he didn't have the jaw deformity, since Rocky doesn't have it. I think since he ran away and hid since December, that he was eating God knows what, but getting out in the Florida sunshine, well it had to help.

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: I'm just so glad to have them both and to know that the other one is safe. I am so proud of the old owners to surrender him when they found him. And thankful, too.

Whirleeq

can I ask what you other US ladies who have rankins paid for them? i think I was pretty lucky to find my male in a parrot shop of all things marked down to $40 (poor thing was terrified of his everyone and everything when I bought him, but he is a lively, lovely pet now!), but I just bought a female from a breeder online and I paid significantly more for her -- $200, not including shipping. But she was the right age (11 months, old enough to keep Cato company) and the breeder came highly recommended... Most importantly, she carries an unrelated rankins bloodline to Cato (and unrelated bloodlines are difficult to find!). If I were to have bought another rankins locally, say, at a reptile show, she would most likely have come out of the bowling green herp program, same as Cato.

And we would like to try to breed them, if they are at all amenable to it! :)

I am curious to what the 'going rate' for baby rankins tend to be... I am guessing somewhere between 40 and 200? Are females generally more expensive than males??

incidentally, I am hoping to get my female friday or next tuesday; she is fully paid for, and I am waiting to hear from the breeder (www.starsdragons.com) when is best for her to ship :).

Whirleeq

She's here! She is such a cute little petite thing, I don't have a scale, but Cato is a little bigger and heavier and his face is a little wider, that's for sure! I have some cute photos I just took:

Here she is! She has the perfect little tie pattern down her back, and a cute little natural X on her tail

2012-07-10

Cato in the back, Clove in the front :) (Clove is what I am calling her, but the name may change when the kids get home from camp and see her :) )

2012-07-10

One more of them together... they are like finger dragons, so petite!

2012-07-10

Settling in:

2012-07-10

We are excited to have her!!! I do have one question for those of you who have had reptiles shipped to you in the past... is it normal for them not to eat right away? She pooped in her shipping container, and I cleaned that up, but she has yet to eat anything. I am giving her some time to adjust and trying not to handle her too much yet, but it is difficult. I would feel so much better if she would eat something!!

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
they usually wont eat when they first get there give her some time to settle in
I dont know how I missed this thread!! Rankins are so cute!!

Menolly07

Juvie Member
I could totally see that being normal. I've never had anything shipped, but it took a day or two for Odahviing to eat when we traveled for vacation and she had to adjust to a new viv. I'd see how that would be the same.

Such a cutie! I love how you can actually pick up on the little differences in their faces!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom