Mite Check up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuskugee

Hatchling Member
I have recently seen black pepper like dots on my bearded dragon. From my previous post, I have said things about my bearded dragon not eating in a week. He also seems to be losing weight. Mites can make your bearded dragon lose weight, right?

I have decided to call the herp vet tomorrow to make an appointment. Do any of you know how much a check up appointment would cost?

*EDIT* Is there an easier way of obtaining bedatine? *EDIT*

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Prices vary according to each clinic. My Vet usually charges about $25, on a new animal, but repeat animals dealing with the same issue or different, usually passes on a office "fee". You should be able to find bedatine in the heath/medications aisle at your local grocery store or discount stores like Walmart.
Janie.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
That's it ! Go ahead and bathe your dragon, allowing it to get a good drink of water before adding the betadine. Soak for 15 minutes, than place either in a burrito (towel) or back on basking area. You will also want to be totally OCD about cleaning the entire enclosure too, all bedding, surfaces, daily.
Hope this helps out !
Janie.
Keep us posted on any developments !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom