Mite Check up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuskugee

Hatchling Member
I have recently seen black pepper like dots on my bearded dragon. From my previous post, I have said things about my bearded dragon not eating in a week. He also seems to be losing weight. Mites can make your bearded dragon lose weight, right?

I have decided to call the herp vet tomorrow to make an appointment. Do any of you know how much a check up appointment would cost?

*EDIT* Is there an easier way of obtaining bedatine? *EDIT*

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Prices vary according to each clinic. My Vet usually charges about $25, on a new animal, but repeat animals dealing with the same issue or different, usually passes on a office "fee". You should be able to find bedatine in the heath/medications aisle at your local grocery store or discount stores like Walmart.
Janie.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
That's it ! Go ahead and bathe your dragon, allowing it to get a good drink of water before adding the betadine. Soak for 15 minutes, than place either in a burrito (towel) or back on basking area. You will also want to be totally OCD about cleaning the entire enclosure too, all bedding, surfaces, daily.
Hope this helps out !
Janie.
Keep us posted on any developments !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom