Not open for further replies.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
What is Adeno?
Causes?
Vaccines?
Does it affect breeding or life span?
Symptoms?

I'm scared Zinger has it. There was a post about how beardies with Adeno dont have much loose skin on their back,and Zinger doesn't. Then again, hes chubby! ^.^

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
What is Adeno?
It's a virus.
Causes?
Contamination from a positive dragon, parents have it and the hatchlings are born with it.
Vaccines?
None
Yes, sometimes the hatchlings will be failure to thrive babies or die as hatchlings. I am sure it shortens the life span. It affects the liver, lungs and kidneys per my vet.
Symptoms?
Varied, depends on the dragon.

There is a lot of information on the net regarding adenovirus. I know some breeders say it doesn't cause issues and that husbandry does but I know a lot of people that had perfect husbandry and they still had issues. There needs to be more research done on it.

BTW, size plays no role in determining a positive or negative dragon. I have huge dragons and they are positive. Never heard of the symptom you mentioned. If you are worried, I would test to find out.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
pscaulkins":03a0b said:
What is Adeno?
It's a virus.
Causes?
Contamination from a positive dragon, parents have it and the hatchlings are born with it.
Vaccines?
None
Yes, sometimes the hatchlings will be failure to thrive babies or die as hatchlings. I am sure it shortens the life span. It affects the liver, lungs and kidneys per my vet.
Symptoms?
Varied, depends on the dragon.

There is a lot of information on the net regarding adenovirus. I know some breeders say it doesn't cause issues and that husbandry does but I know a lot of people that had perfect husbandry and they still had issues. There needs to be more research done on it.

BTW, size plays no role in determining a positive or negative dragon. I have huge dragons and they are positive. Never heard of the symptom you mentioned. If you are worried, I would test to find out.

Thanks! I'll get a test done when he gets his fecal done.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you are going to test when you get a fecal, that is not a normal test run by vets just on a regular fecal. It is a specialized test. You can do a fecal EM (electron microscopy) test done which you can gather the sample yourself & send it off to a lab. It just has to be done correctly.
If you are interested in getting the test done, email Lou Ann Miller at: [email protected]

Tracie

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":d2b40 said:
Hello,

If you are going to test when you get a fecal, that is not a normal test run by vets just on a regular fecal. It is a specialized test. You can do a fecal EM (electron microscopy) test done which you can gather the sample yourself & send it off to a lab. It just has to be done correctly.
If you are interested in getting the test done, email Lou Ann Miller at: [email protected]

Tracie

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom