Is this tailrot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
I notice it last week, dont know what caused it as my dragons are already separated and this cheecha is the aggressive one.
I already went ahead and placed some Betadine on it hence the reddish color. It hasn't spread though. I'm scared it will spread and I dont know what caused it really. She is 10.5 inches long, and around 5 months old. Its also really very small, just maybe .5cm

1.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does not look like tail rot yet, no. Was it from a bite from his cagemate?
Continue using diluted betadine on it daily, along with neosporin or polysporin ointment on it one or two times per day. That should hopefully keep any infection down.

Tracie

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":95d3c said:
Hello,

That does not look like tail rot yet, no. Was it from a bite from his cagemate?
Continue using diluted betadine on it daily, along with neosporin or polysporin ointment on it one or two times per day. That should hopefully keep any infection down.

Tracie

I don't think it was from a bite since Chong doesn't bite, its actually cheecha (this one) who bites that is why I separated them.

Ok, how does it go again as what I have done is just dip cheechas tail on the betadine and left the betadine there.

1.) So it's dilute betadine on water and dip tale (do we need to rinse tail after?)
2.) Apply neosporin after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom