Beardie not Eating... Has Coccidia and Nematodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took our beardie to the vet last Thursday after several days of poor appetite and lethargy. He found he has coccidia and nematodes. He gave us 2 antibiotics. We are a week into it and he still has no appetite. I have gotten him to eat a few small pieces of his salad and that's it. I have been pureeing veggies and fruit and dripping it on his nose and he licks a little of it, but not much. I offer crickets daily, but he won't eat even one. He is getting soooo skinny! I don't know what to do. How long shoudl the meds take to increase his appetite? He only spends a small part of the day under his heat light. I'm very worried about him.

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
I want you to PM Drache613. Tracie is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to beardie illnesses & medicines. She should be able to help you with whatever you need!

Good luck!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I know that we talked in a PM. Just updating your thread. Please let me know how things are going. I hope that he is feeling better.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom