Beardie not Eating... Has Coccidia and Nematodes

This forum is for people to discuss the issues specifically around having to deal with infectious diseases such as Adeno virus or Coccidia.

Beardie not Eating... Has Coccidia and Nematodes

Postby nickslizard » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:11 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

I took our beardie to the vet last Thursday after several days of poor appetite and lethargy. He found he has coccidia and nematodes. He gave us 2 antibiotics. We are a week into it and he still has no appetite. I have gotten him to eat a few small pieces of his salad and that's it. I have been pureeing veggies and fruit and dripping it on his nose and he licks a little of it, but not much. I offer crickets daily, but he won't eat even one. He is getting soooo skinny! I don't know what to do. How long shoudl the meds take to increase his appetite? He only spends a small part of the day under his heat light. I'm very worried about him.
nickslizard
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beardie not Eating... Has Coccidia and Nematodes

Postby zimbabwepegasus » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:37 am

I want you to PM Drache613. Tracie is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to beardie illnesses & medicines. She should be able to help you with whatever you need!

Good luck!
zimbabwepegasus
Extreme Poster

Re: Beardie not Eating... Has Coccidia and Nematodes

Postby Drache613 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:40 pm

Hello,

I know that we talked in a PM. Just updating your thread. Please let me know how things are going. I hope that he is feeling better.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Dealing with Infectious Diseases