Yellow Fungus or Poor Shedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon has sporadically gotten patches of yellow skin on her stomach. Last time she got it I freaked out and treated her with Novolson Solution and Antifungal cream. After awhile she shed and it all seemed to go away. A few months later and she has patches on here again. I am wondering if it isn't just from her not shedding well or if it is the fungus. If I can get her to shed better I can continue to bathe her in the solution for a while to make sure it is all gone, but is there anything else I can do?
l_1854b1d65b914951bb5fe9b8430d3864.jpg

You can see it on her arm here. This patch has since shed and there isn't any discoloration on the new layer of skin. She has a some patches still now. One below her beard, small patches in her armpits and one at the base of her tail/vent.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
hmm, im no expert but its hard to say whether its fugus with her color morph. do you have any pics of her befor this problem?

glitch_in_the_system

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Not on my computer at the moment and I don't have my camera with me. Has anyone had skin patched turn yellowish in the past due to poor shedding?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hm, that normally does not happen. So the color just "appeared" after the shedding phase? What is your humidity in the tank?
I really need more pictures that would be extremely helpful, thanks.

Tracie

if the spots ares exactly in the same area... it could be laying in some stoll and getting dirty... my male poops and lays in the same spot every time and he always gets yellowish orange spots on his belly... and it doesnt always wash out all the way

Elaina

Juvie Member
Not that anyone can say for sure without more pics..but Stewie has been battling yellow fungus for months. We almost kicked it, but it came back. When he shed, his skin would look better. But not too long after it would turn yellowish in some spots- and it was on his white belly, his beard, his side. The shed skin was also thick and yellowish, as opposed to normal shed which is light and whitish. The topical treatments didn't get to the bottom layer of his skin, so we had to use an internal antifungal. It cleared up after the first round of meds, but just recently a cuple of spots came up again. The vet and I think that we should have given him just one extra course of the meds and it would have gone. So we are starting over adding on extra course of meds to hopefully make it go away for good. The underside of their bodies is usually first affected. Is she otherwise eating/ active? Stewie will lose his appetite if the fungus is coming back. I think it makes him nauseous. Anyway, you should get your beardie checked by a vet. Dont wait. If its fungus, it will just get worse and harder to treat.

Heres some pics:

On his side..greyish and yellow.
P1010020.jpg

A more obvious spot
P1010024.jpg

On his lip, and yellowish on his beard. Which would be easy to think of as his natural color.
P1010029.jpg

Oh..and my vet did biopsies to be extra sure. I feel it was worth the money.

mmm i see. yeah my beardies with the spots isnt sick and sheds normal so i know its nothing but him laying in his poo. His girlfriend is always with him and she doesnt have anything either. Soirry for your troubles but it sounds like you are doing what you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom