mites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Mites are somewhat difficult to get rid of. You will need to take everything out of your tank & sterilize & clean it. Any wood items, soak them in water & bake them at 300 for 30-45 minutes.
Also if you have loose substrates take that out too, & use paper towels or non adhesive shelf liner instead.
You can soak your dragon in water with a diluted betadine solution in it. The mites should crawl up towards the head & you can pick them up off of the head & eye area.

Tracie

mwrinkle

You can use Ivermecitin at 1 ml per quart of water as spray or Trichlrofon at 8 ml per 400 ml water as spray you can also use mineral oil to smother. No Pest Strips are effecftive for the cage and furniture as long as the animal is kept in a temporary enclosure during their use. The biggest problem with mites is that they travel so that they lay eggs in the room not just in the enclosure and that they a five stage life cycle from larvae to nymph to adult, so that eradication of them means you need to clean the room and the carpet(steam clean it) if there is any and you will have to probably treat the animal, furniture, cage and room more than once over a month after first treatment to ensure killing all of them. Mites are feared by anyone who keeps a large reptile collection more than internal parasites because they are hard to kill off. You might wan't to visit http://www.suncharmers.com and look under mite madness to see how she dealt with an infestation, also you can read an article on ProExotics website about what a large professional facility does when they suspect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom