Adenovirus after host has left

Status
Not open for further replies.

coleslaw4dinner

I had to put my beardie down because of the adenovirus (RIP Stevie :cry: ) about a month and a half ago, and I'm looking into getting another. I've rebuilt the tank, but am concerned about the other, solid items that I've had locked away in the closet for a while (after bleaching them a bit).

How long does the adenovirus last outside of a host? Could there be traces of the virus (on my floor or table, for example) that can last longer than a month and a half, that I should be concerned about? I wasn't able to find much information online regarding this. I really don't want to infect a future beardie that I acquire.

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure how long the virus can last on surfaces. It's certainly better to be safe with that one though. I suggest using a steam cleaner to disinfect everything, or using a veterinary disinfectant like F10. If you are able to clean and then disinfect all of the surfaces, then I'd think the risk of transmission to a new dragon would be minimal. It's good to have some F10 and/or a steam cleaner on hand anyway so you can disinfect surfaces easily on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom