Adenovirus after host has left

Status
Not open for further replies.

coleslaw4dinner

I had to put my beardie down because of the adenovirus (RIP Stevie :cry: ) about a month and a half ago, and I'm looking into getting another. I've rebuilt the tank, but am concerned about the other, solid items that I've had locked away in the closet for a while (after bleaching them a bit).

How long does the adenovirus last outside of a host? Could there be traces of the virus (on my floor or table, for example) that can last longer than a month and a half, that I should be concerned about? I wasn't able to find much information online regarding this. I really don't want to infect a future beardie that I acquire.

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure how long the virus can last on surfaces. It's certainly better to be safe with that one though. I suggest using a steam cleaner to disinfect everything, or using a veterinary disinfectant like F10. If you are able to clean and then disinfect all of the surfaces, then I'd think the risk of transmission to a new dragon would be minimal. It's good to have some F10 and/or a steam cleaner on hand anyway so you can disinfect surfaces easily on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom